I was tagged by
You must post these rules.
Each person must post 10 things about themselves on their journal.
Answer the questions the tagger set for you, and create 10 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
You have to choose 10 people to tag and post their icons on your journal.
Go to their pages and tell them you have tagged her/him.
No nonsense in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you're reading this."
You have to tag 10 people.
I am really hating my real life job, so much so, I am getting ready to start looking for a new job.
I am currently in the process of buying a house with my Boyfriend, so I have been super busy and haven't been able to cosplay much at all.
My biggest project upcoming is for WoW - I am going to be making a Tier 6 Paladin. Nobody will know about this, except for those who are reading this journal. I won't be posting anything else about it.
I completely messed up my past 3 websites by confusing Classes and IDs. I am very embarrassed about this.
I am not confident in my web design skills, but I love it; I know if I were in a job where that was what my job was, I would excel.
I love my Inuyasha cosplay, and I wish that I had it, so I could get more pictures with it.
I haven't actually read or watched Durarara or the comics with Lady Deadpool.
Cosplay competitions aren't fun for me at all. I dislike the waiting and the pressure that I feel. I would rather spend my time at a con making friends, and just looking awesome. Having people ask for my picture in cosplay is much more rewarding than winning contests for me.
Sintra isn't the easiet medium to work with, but it works for me. I actually feel bad when people ask me how to use it, because I feel like they won't really get it, and then will become discouraged.
I am very stubborn.
1. Do you have other hobbies except for cosplay? Do you have time for them? I always get this problem.
I sure do! I ride motorcycles and I love web design and art. I have actually started to try and incorporate all of these things in my cosplay life. I also play video games, watch a few televisions shows and of course cartoons of various origins. I also love riding horses, Icelandic specifically, but I don't do it anymore because I don't have a horse.
2. If you were to choose between anime and western TV shows, what would you choose and why?
Almost always Anime; and I think it is because Anime allows for so much more creativity in their plot lines. Sure, sometimes the story gets crazy, but rarely will you ever feel bored. I like the fantasy that Anime typically brings to the plate, and I don't see that changing.
3. Do you remember how you ended up watching me on DA or FB (whichever was first)? I am really curious!
Humm.... to be honest, I don't remember the exact moment. I know it was probably a tutorial of some kind, or a Work In Progress. But then we started talking, and you were awesome, so yeah! Then we became like, ya know, best friends and stuff.
4. What is the average sum of money that you spend on a cosplay (materials, wigs, shoes, lenses). $ or EURO, please.
oh god... on average, I spend about $300 per cosplay. On my latest 3 Maka cosplays, they were all less than $100. On my more expensive cosplays, I expect to spend upwards of ... $500, if you include mess-ups.
5. What is the average number of costumes you make per year?
Let's go with 10.
6. What is your favourite costume of yours? A link to the photo or thumb will help
man... I have a lot! I think my favorite is probably Spartoi Maka, mainly because it was one of the first which I picked myself, and made from scratch. It was a huge challenge for me, and I learned a great deal.
7. What is your favourite costume of mine? To make things easier, I did Matsumoto Rangiku (Bleach), Yoko Nakajima (12 Kingdoms), Medicine Seller (Mononoke), Athena armor (Saint Seiya), Mandarin (Spawn). Yes, not much to choose from You can find the photos in my gallery.
Dude, for sure it is that Mandarin Spawn! That is amazing!!! And I know you will only up your game with the next cosplay, you are so freaking talented.
8. I like to spend evenings in my bed, with my laptop on my lap and surfing the internet, posting stuff, working on tutorials or watching TV shows. What do you do evenings?
Pretty much the exact same thing.
9. Do you have any embarassing coplay moment to tell about?
Well when I cosplay, I am pretty much fair game to have fun, and look goofy. This might not be the nicest thing to say, but probably my most embarrassing moment is probably when I first wore my Teresa cosplay at Katsucon. It just wasn't ready for a debut, and it was completely rushed. Later on when I saw pictures and videos of myself, I was pretty humiliated. Though others have told me that I looked fine/good, I know otherwise. It wasn't up to par with what we were typically used to; we weren't on our A Game.
10. How do you describe cosplay to people who don't know anything about it?
Ha... I don't talk about cosplay with those who don't know anything about it. If I am at a convention, and someone asks me what everyone is doing in costume, I always tell them it is a "Comic Con", because it is so easy for them to understand, unlike Anime Convention, they have no clue. If someone wants to know about cosplay, that isn't because of a con, maybe because they saw my costumes. I usually just politely answer their question, and if they want to know more I just try to explain it first as a costuming hobby, rather than what it really is (obession with characters and crazy people staying up all night to finish projects before conventions). lol!
1. Describe your next big project, it doesn't have to be cosplay related, and you don't have to tell me what it is, but you can.
2. What has been your most challenging moment in cosplay? What about it was so difficult?
3. Name a cosplayer that you would like to meet, and why.
4. What drives you crazy?
5. Who is your favorite cosplay photographer?
6. Do you have a cosplay handler? Do you think you treat them well?
7. Describe your typical session of getting into your cosplay.
8. Do you have a Facebook Page for your cosplay? What is it?
9. Do you keep your social life, and your cosplay life, seperate?
10. Show me your favorite cosplay, or the cosplay you are looking forward to the most!
And now... TAG You're It!
Anybody, because I don't know who even watches me anymore! <3